International Kids II
CROSS STITCH PATTERN DESIGNED BY GERA! by Kyoko Maruoka
Beautifully designed in cross stitch, here are 10 children holding hands, and coming from all over the world:
- a Russian boy with a Russian fur hat and Cossack trousers
- a little Swede, plaids sticking out of her knitted hat and perched on ice skates
- a French sailorboy, with large blue collar and red pompon hat
- an American Indian girl, wearing a single feather and a skin dress
- a little Scottish girl, head covered by a wool beret
- a Japanese boy wearing a kimono jacket and traditional trousers
- a British soldierboy in Royal Guard uniform
- an red-hair American girl with pigtails and straw hat
- an Indian boy wearing a turban and curved slippers
- a Hungarian girl with her traditional apron and dress
In addition to the main charts, 3 additional ones are included
- Sailior boy and seagulls
- Girl and rabbits
- Girl and Scottish terrier dogs
These fun and colorful cross stitch charts, created by Japanese needlework designer Kyoko Maruoka, have a lot of appeal for children. The chart is extremely versatile. All the characters are the same size and are holding hands. You can therefore arrange and combine them at will, creating for instance a band that can be expanded if needed. The characters can also be combined with those of the first series of International Kids (sold separately).
Ideas for projects include table mats, baby bibs, terry towels, room plaques, cushions, bags.
Tip: stitch the pattern on an Aida band and apply it to a finished object: a small sheet, towel, cushion... The characters fit into any 30 stitch high band which means any band 2 1/4inch or higher will do (on 14ct).
A cross stitch pattern by GERA! by Kyoko Maruoka.
>> see more patterns by GERA! by Kyoko Maruoka
Chart info & Needlework supplies for the pattern:
International Kids II
Chart size in stitches:
- main chart with 2 rows of 5 children: 63 x 88 (high x wide)
- additional patterns: 3 x (30 x 63)
Needlework fabric: Aida, Linen or Evenweave
Stitches: Cross stitch, Backstitch,
Chart: Black & White, Color
Number of colors: 21
Themes: children from many countries of the world, a Russian boy, a Swedish girl, a French sailor, a scottish girl, a Japanese boy...