CHART PACK: 10 color pages
Victorian Dolls House
CROSS STITCH PATTERN DESIGNED BY Lesley Teare Designs
This beautiful English home is representative of late 19th century England, when a specific form or architecture and style flourished under the rule of Queen Victoria. The house is fully furnished and stuffed with trinkets, frames, mirrors down to the smallest corner. It features:
- a living room with a comfortable green velvet armchair, pedestal tables, imposing fireplace, chandelier, vases and piano
- a dining room with 2 bottles and a glass of red wine on the table, heavy chairs covered with red velvet, family medallion silhouettes on the wall, candlesticks on the mantlepiece
- the lady's bedroom on the 1st floor, with its white and pink bedspread, tulip-patterned wallpaper, a Persian rug, a basin and a pitcher on the dresser for washing, not to mention the chamber pot under the bed.
- a bathroom with a large claw-foot bathtub, bronze taps and shower, pretty green and black paving, repeated on the wall tile frieze, a dressing table and mirrors
- the gentleman's bedroom with his blue checkered eiderdown covering a gilded brass bed, a clock and candlesticks on the mantlepiece above the fireplace
- a cute little nursery with a rocking horse, a doll's house, and the nanny's chair next to the baby's cradle.
There are two other bedrooms in the attic, no doubt that of the nanny, close enough to hear the infant cry, and that of the buttler, responsible for opening the doors and welcoming the guests.
This house lacks a kitchen. It is possibly in the semi-basement behind the railings on either side of the steps, a feature of London houses. Mostly used by servants, kitchens were not on display, so dollhouses of the time did not always include one.
Once stitched, this impressive piece will measure approximately 16" high by 10" wide (40cm high by 25cm wide).
The chart by Lesley Teare Designs comes with a Cross stitch Guide.
Chart info & Needlework supplies for the pattern:
Victorian Dolls House
Chart size in stitches: 129 x 210 (wide x high)
Stitches: Cross stitch (including fractional stitches), Backstitch, French Knots
Threads: DMC, Gold metallic of your choice
Number of colors: 32
Themes: English home, dining room, sitting room, bedroom, 19th century architecture and furniture